Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"Say What?" Part 3: My Purposes Are...Intense

Note: Yes, I'm posting several at once today. Why? Because I have ADD, if I don't do them now, I'll forget to do them. It could be years before I remember, and that would not be conducive to doing this blog series.
________________________________________________________________________

(Seen on posts made by people who are generally trying to elaborate on or conclude a point, which is kind of ironic.)

"For all intensive purposes..."




So, you're talking about all purposes that could be intense, right? Like time-intensive work, or the intensive care unit at a hospital. Not sure how that applies to the point you're trying to make on a blog post about the best way to fry chicken, but hey, I can appreciate that really good fried chicken might very well be an intensive task. Too bad the way you used the phrase made no sense whatsoever.

*For all intents and purposes, and you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment