Friday, March 1, 2013

The Glorious Day of a Writer

Ok, some people may think the life of a writer is glamorous.  I wish, LOL.  I thought perhaps sharing a typical day in my life would at least provide some amusement, and perhaps some enlightenment as to exactly how glorious it isn't!

Morning

Get up, let dogs out to pee.

Start coffee.

Check Twitter & Facebook, hear random noises, wonder WTF the cats are doing.

Get coffee, return to living room and investigate sounds of destruction.

Pick everything back up off the floor and put it back on the coffee table, admonish cats not to do it again.

Start surfing the internets.

Break up cat fight on coffee table, put everything back on it.  Admonish cats not to do it again.

Tweet, read some news, drink some coffee.  Investigate sounds of destruction in the kitchen.

Admonish cats not to do it again, and pick stuff up off the floor to put back on the counter.

Return to living room, start writing.

Break up second cat fight, pick everything up off the floor and put it back on the coffee table. Admonish cats not to do it again.

Write and Tweet.  Investigate sounds of destruction in the bedroom.

Put stuff back on top of the dresser, admonish cats not to do it again.

Afternoon

Let dogs out to pee. 

Write some more.

Make more coffee. Drink it so as to evade the cats' weaving of the insidious Nap Magic.

Fail miserably, take nap.

Evening

Let dogs out to pee.  Try to keep German Shepherd from destroying everything in sight with her tail.

Feed dogs.  Play with dogs.  Yell at German Shepherd for chasing cats.

Eat dinner.  Admonish dogs to quit trying to steal my food.

Watch relevant TV show (Lost Girl, Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, etc.).  Yell at dogs for fighting over bones.  Yell at cats for antagonizing dogs.

Make more coffee.

Write some more.  Break up third cat fight, pick everything up off the floor and put it back on the coffee table.  Admonish cats not to do it again.

Play with cats in the hopes they settle down.  Fail miserably, as playing with them only amps them up more.  Investigate sounds of destruction in the kitchen, pick up whatever's been knocked onto the floor and put it back. Admonish cats not to do it again.

Everyone falls asleep except me, decide to grab opportunity to write. Get sucked into Twitter conversations instead. Try not to laugh so loud I wake everyone up.

Realize I've not managed to change out of my fuzzy pajama pants ALL DAY.  Decide that's not a bad thing.

Go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I love this :) :) I miss you!! I feel bad I haven't written or edited in ages... My creativity has gone the way of drawing and painting recently....it seems to be less taxing on my mind lately? Lol.. anyway I miss you, I'll shoot you a tweet or two later if i have a chance :) *huggle** And this was hilarious :) Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Miss you right back :) Glad I'm still entertaining and that you're still alive. Creativity hits us in all kinds of ways, just go with the flow and it will all be good! <3

    ReplyDelete