Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I've Been Nominated for a Liebster Award! I Don't Know What That Is!

Right, so the Liebster Award nomination is apparently a blog award/blog hop thingy that has been attached to me via sticky substances by one Jason Cantrell.  There are rules, and this is what they are (I think):

I must list 11 random facts about myself (this could get interesting).

I must answer 11 questions from the person who nominated me (should be fun).

I will then nominate 11 people for the award (provided I can come up with 11 people to nominate), along with 11 questions for them to answer.

Nominees are required to follow the instructions exactly or else they will be executed.

Now, on to the 11 random facts about wonderful me:

1.  I have an obsession with scrunchies.  No really, I fucking love scrunchies.  Why? Because they're poofy, cute, and come in a variety of styles and colors.  And because my OCD says I have to buy them.

2.  If I could live my life in fuzzy pajama pants, I would.  I wear them constantly around the house because they're comfy and, most importantly, they're FUZZY.

3.  I love video games, but I am annoyingly, aggravatingly picky about the games I play.  Right now, I'm limited to the Fable series and Castlevania.  Literally, those two, because I absolutely can't stand how other games are played.  The Silent Hill series used to be included in the games I'd play until Konami released the craptastic Silent Hill: Downpour, otherwise known as "A Peaceful, Uninterrupted Walk Through A Not-So-Scary Town In The Occasional Rainshower."

4.  I insult my dogs daily.  Since they can't understand English, they are always beyond thrilled to be called "Big-Headed Freak" and "Stupid Poopyhead."

5.  I hate stupid people.

6.  I have a secret (well, not so secret now) obsession with trash TV.  Maury, Kyle, and Springer FTW!!!

7.  My favorite foods include oranges, pizza, and breakfast sandwiches.  You'd be surprised at how long you can survive on just those things.

8.  My mom is the most amazing mom on the planet.  I don't care how awesome anyone else thinks their mom is, my mom is the BEST.

9.  When I was little, I wanted to be a unicorn.  Now I want to be a vampire.  As you can infer from these things, my slide into corruption and darkness has been pretty even and steady throughout my life.

10.  I used to front a metal band.  That's right, yours truly was the lead vocalist singin' and screamin' her little heart out for the masses (and by "masses," I mean the maybe couple hundred people that one time.  The rest of the time, it was significantly less than that because I live in a low-population state where country and bluegrass rules).

11.  I cannot abide oatmeal.  Cannot.  I love oatmeal cookies and oatmeal granola bars, but actual oatmeal, NO.  It's not the taste, it's the texture--it's so icky and gross on my tongue that it makes me puke.  True story.

Now, to answer the 11 fantastic questions posed by Mr. Cantrell:

1. Paper or plastic?

Your mom.

2. Train A leaves New York traveling east at 50 mph. Two hours later, Train B leaves Chicago traveling west at 60 mph. If both trains follow at a steady speed the entire time, does this question annoy you?

Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.

3. Of all the books you’ve read, which do you wish would have a sequel, or that you’d write the sequel yourself if you could?

Mirage by Louise Cooper.  Such a great story, I really wish there would have been more to it.

4. Playstation, Xbox, or Nintendo?

XBOX BAYBAY

5. If a video game could be made about your book, describe what the game would be like?

It would be sarcastic, full of cursing, and full of bloody hearts going poof! as they're being ripped out of chests.

6. Mac or PC?

PC

7. Do you ever cheat and read the last page of a book first?

I did once.  But I decided it ruined the story for me, so I never did it again.

8. Are you a robot? Please type in the following: XtQrte76az

Klaatu barada nikto.

9. What happened to Amelia Earhart?

She died.

10. Are the aliens going to bring back Elvis?

I dunno.  They may drag his unsightly corpse out of the grave it's in, but probably only as part of a shock-and-awe campaign designed to take over the world.

11. What?

Exactly.


Alright, now on to my nominees and the questions I'd like to ask them.  I don't know if these people have already been nominated, so if they have, oh well, they've done been nominated again.  And I know there's not 11, but I have ADD and there's guinea pigs dancing on my screen.






Sabrina (I DON'T KNOW HER LAST NAME BECAUSE I'M A BAD FRIEND)



Now, the 11 questions for these fantastic nominees:

1.  Should there be a law that forces gorgeous guys to remain shirtless as often as humanly possible, even in the face of inclement weather?

2.  What do you think of the fact that Pluto is no longer a planet?

3.  If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be and why?

4.  What makes you think you're so special?  I mean, you are special, but please elaborate on your specialness.

5.  What is your biggest pet peeve about the writing process?

6.  If I yell at my dog because she's currently throwing a temper tantrum over her bone, does that make me a bad person?

7.  Did you hate the new Star Trek movie? (Hint: the correct answer is "yes.")

8.  What is your preferred genre to write?  Do you ever see yourself writing in a different genre? (I know that's technically two questions, but since one is a follow-up, it doesn't count).

9.  Without using Google or any other search engine, do you have any idea where the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto" comes from? (+20 geek points if you do)

10.  You love vampires.  Yes, this is a statement, not a question.

11.  Tell us all about your current project and why we should encourage others to start riots over buying it when it's released.

5 comments:

  1. Thank You,Elise!
    First, we can NEVER eat togther. I'm allergic to the smell or orange. LOL!
    Second, loved your responses. Ha ha!
    Third, I'll write a blog post just to answer your questions, because you rock!
    :-)
    PS: Franza had nominated me. *Wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I suppose I could go without oranges so we could have a meal together :) And thank you--I'm glad I was entertaining with my replies LOL. Loved your answers to my questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I almost died laughing at your responses to Jason's questions. If I'm feeling funny tomorrow, I will post my responses on my sort-of-blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I am glad you appreciate my humor :) And I would love to see what answers you give me if you get the chance to do them. They're as random as I could make them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. I. Was. Nominated. Again. :P Well then. :P I should probably answer Jason's first :P

    ReplyDelete