Friday, January 11, 2013

Apparently, Bullies Don't Know When to Quit

So, my blog was linked to Goodreads, meaning any posts I made on here would show up there.  I have removed the link and will not be re-instituting it, for a reason.

Apparently, someone reported my blog posts about the 1-star revenge review as "abusive."  Makes me wonder if said people actually read the blog in question, or if it was perhaps the bully herself who made the report.  Regardless, let's address this one more time:

I didn't have a cow over someone giving my book a low rating.  I had a cow because someone who hadn't even read my book gave it a low rating because I called her out for being rude.  My blog posts were not inappropriate--they were the god's honest truth, there were witnesses to this bullshit actually happening, plus I've got the screenshots of the activity.

That's fine, I can get reported for it all day.  Don't really care, because I will stand behind what I did every single fucking time someone asks about it.  I was in the right, and continue to be in the right.  I will even suggest that what's way more concerning is that Goodreads actually allows behavior like that from users on its site.  Amazon already has a huge reputation issue due to reviewer abuse of the system, and I would think Goodreads would want to avoid that fate by actually preventing people from abusing their review system, as was done in my case.

Apparently not.

So, for the foreseeable future (and really, probably forever), all blog posts will be made here, and will only show up both here and on my Amazon author page (as Amazon doesn't appear to give a rat's ass what I post).  I was not asked to remove the link to my blog, but I have done so anyway, because I'll be DAMNED if I let anyone tell me when I can or can't stand up for myself.  I may be an author, but I'm also a PERSON, and I have a right to point out abusive bullshit when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment